As Jack Webb would say, "Just the facts, Dudette!"
- Robinson Cano under contract til 2023.
- Felix under contract til 2019.
- Kyle Seager under contract til 2021.
- Not eligible for free agency til 2020: Brad Miller, James Paxton, Mike Zunino, Dominic Leone, Danny Farquhar, Roenis Elias.
- Not eligible for free agency til 2021: Taijuan Walker, Chris Taylor, Carson Smith.
- On your roster in through 2018 simply by maintaing the status quo:
C: Zunino, Tyler Marlette etc.
1b/DH: Cruz, D.J. Peterson etc.
SS: Miller, Taylor, Ketel Marte etc.
OF: Ackley thru 2017 then Patrick Kivlehan, Austin Wilson, Alex Jackson etc.
SP: Felix, Paxton, Taijuan, Elias, Edwin Diaz, Luiz Gohara etc.
RP: Farquhar, Yoervis Medina, Leone, Smith, cast of thousands etc.
There is a RH-hitting OF with:
- Higher BA than Kivlehan
- Higher OBP than Kivlehan
- Higher SLG than Kivlehan
- Higher ISO than Kivlehan
- Higher HR% than Kivlehan
- Highest SLG and ISO of any player in the organization who did not play at High Desert
- Taller, bigger and stronger than the football guy
- Hit .300 with .500 SLG (that's pretty much reserved for your Miggy, Pujols, Papi types in the majors)
Time out for opinion: If you love yourself some Patrick Kivlehan, then get ready to love six-feet-4 and 250 pounds of Austin Wilson.
Back to facts:
Here is one minor-league season:
|2013||22||2 Teams||2 Lgs||A+-AA||SEA||134||619||525||108||165||28||11||8||60||38||5||84||117||.314||.409||.455||.865|
And here is another:
|2014||22||2 Teams||2 Lgs||A+-AA||SEA||128||579||493||93||140||22||8||10||48||12||8||73||94||.284||.384||.422||.806|
One had a bit more extra-base pop, but struck out more; the other, the opposite.
Both are steady-glove college shortstops.
The former is Chris Taylor, whom you didn't know much about at the start of 2014.
The latter is Tyler Smith, whom you don't know much about now.